The busiest travel days of the year are right around the corner. With a few tips, you can have a safe and healthy trip. If you are traveling outside the country or for an extended period, here are some tips to keep you healthy while traveling:
• Make sure you’re up to date on your vaccinations, including
the flu shot.
• Discuss with your doctor any recommended vaccinations for
the area to which you’re traveling.
• Make sure you’re up-to-date on your prescriptions.
• Put a copy of your passport or travel documents in each
piece of luggage, in case something happens to the original
• Remember the sunscreen, even in the winter.
• Carry an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60%
• Wash hands frequently, especially in airports.
• Drink plenty of water.
• Get plenty of sleep.
• If cruising, avoid sick passengers and notify the cruise staff
right away if you suspect a sick passenger.
With these simple precautions, you can have a healthy trip, whether you’re going around the world or to Grandma’s house.
Remember, if the need arises, Urgent Care centers are a quick and easy way to see a doctor when away from home. If you have friends visiting the Hudson Valley, Emergency One is here to help with convenient locations in Kingston and Hyde Park.