We all know that benefits of exercise are endless. I’m sure you are aware that regular exercise makes us healthier, gives us more energy, reduces stress, improves quality of life and most of the time, makes you feel better. With all that, it’s still hard to do!
Actually, only about 18% of us meet the weekly recommendations for exercise. Look around you, only one in five people exercise the enough.
Even with all these reasons to exercise, it’s really hard to make it a priority. In fact, we’re really good at coming up with reasons we don’t need to. Here’s a few tips to help you get off the couch and keep exercising.
1. Be honest with yourself– Look at your current patterns and habits. Make your exercise realistic in your lifestyle.
2. Find YOUR reason– We all know the benefits, but what is your personal reason to exercise? Find something that is important to you to find your motivation. It may be as simple as fitting into your clothing more comfortably.
3. Do what you like– It will be easier to stick with it if you like your activity.
4. Make it simple and convenient– Walking is great and you can do it anywhere.
5. Set goals– Write down your activity goal for the week. If you’re just starting out, maybe your goal is to walk 20 minute twice this week. Change your goals as you accomplish them.
6. Form a habit– Many times, we’re great at starting something, but after a few days, welcome up with the excuses to skip it. The experts say it takes 21 days to make a habit.
If you can stick with your exercise for 21 days, you will not only create a habit, you’ll be enjoying the benefits of a healthier lifestyle and you’ll feel great!