Homepage    Emergency One News    Medicare and Urgent Care

Medicare and Urgent Care

By / July 21, 2017 / / 0 Comments

Emergency One Urgent CareMore than 44 million Americans over the age of 65 receive Medicare benefits. The good news is … we accept Medicare at Emergency One.

How does Emergency One work with Medicare?

If you have Medicare coverage, it’s important to know that both emergency care and urgent care fall under Part B – Outpatient Care. This means that the patient is responsible for 20% of the cost. Therefore, you will pay much more out of pocket for an emergency room visit vs. an urgent care center visit. You will also have a much longer wait time at an emergency room.

If you have Medigap coverage in addition to Medicare, the financial result will often be the same; Medicare will pay 80% of the cost and your Medigap coverage will cover the remaining 20%.